Holistic healing might sound like a supernatural form of medicine to some. However, it is a very real form of healing that takes the entirety of a person into account. The idea behind holistic healing is that balance is needed to achieve the highest levels of health. A person with an illness would then be perceived to have an imbalance either physically, emotionally, or spiritually. Here will explore the topic of holistic healing in depth so you can decide on holistic healing for yourself.
What are the Principles of Holistic Healing?
As defined by the Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine, the principles of holistic healing are as follows:
- Optimal Health: one of the primary principles of holistic healing, optimal health is the idea of the human body working and operating at its highest level. This is one of the main goals of holistic healing and focuses on achieving balance physically, environmentally, mentally, emotionally, socially, and spiritually.
- Focusing on the Whole Person: holistic healing identifies the whole entity of an individual as a part of the healing process.
- Treatment and Prevention: holistic healing has a unique focus on preparing the body to combat future illnesses while also optimizing current levels of health.
- Innate Healing Power: the notion behind this idea is that all people have the ability to heal themselves of whatever is afflicting them. Holistic practitioners look to improve this natural ability.
- Relationship-centered Care: much like the ideal doctor/patient relationship, holistic healers focus on the personal interactions between themselves and their patients.
- Individuality: holistic healing takes into account the individuality of each patient, altering and influencing how the illness is handled within the individual.
The history of holistic healing dates back to ancient Chinese practices used over two millennia that originally involved the use of herbs, tai chi, and acupuncture.
Over time holistic medicines and practices have evolved to include other forms of natural practices. However, not all people who practice holistic healing are made equal. There are some signs you should look for when looking to secure a holistic provider.
- Do your research before selecting a professional practitioner
- Make sure that you choose a practitioner that you’re comfortable with (the same way you feel with your regular doctor)
- Document the questions that you want to ask your practitioner so you get all the information you need
- Know what types of treatment your chosen practitioner will administer and whether you’re comfortable
How Holistic Healing has Evolved
Holistic healing went from being a regionally used form of healing to being recognized worldwide. There are various forms of holistic treatments that exist as safe alternatives to other forms of potentially more harmful types of treatments.
Now, instead of ingesting exotic roots and hoping they work, we have technology that has proven its effectiveness in certain situations. Technology has even combined the use of science and natural healing to deliver new ways to improve overall health and wellness. On top of that, holistic healing has a general advantage in that it doesn’t often have the side effects of typical types of treatments, such as medication.
A variety of holistic healing options are available to solve any number of ailments. Holistic healing can come in many forms, such as acupuncture, chiropractic care, massage therapy, naturopathy, and homeopathy. Even typical forms of holistic treatment can count towards bringing you to optimal health, such as a change in diet, exercise, and psychotherapy. Not only that but alternative forms of therapy, such as gemstone therapy or magnetic therapy, can help you reach optimal health, too!
How Can You Obtain Holistic Healing at Home
If you’re looking for an ideal form of holistic healing that can cater to your home life as well as your on-the-go life, HealthyLine has the perfect holistic item for you. The TAJ-Mat™ Chair 4018 Firm – Photon PEMF InfraMat Pro® is an exceptional way to deliver holistic healing at your leisure.
Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy (PEMF) allows for the mat to stimulate your cells, lessening aches and pains in the body while keeping you protected from EMF rays. Negative ion therapy enhances your wellness by helping to cleanse your mind and counteract the symptoms of depression. FIR (far infrared) therapy helps to temporarily decrease stiffness, inflammation, and minor forms of pain while also increasing blood circulation where applied. Photon light therapy helps to manage your energy levels while encouraging the body to detoxify itself and achieve higher levels of wellness. Finally, hot stone therapy helps to lower stress levels, relax your muscles, and make other forms of natural therapy more effective.
The TAJ-Mat Chair is ideal for use at home when you’re lounging (watching television or reading a book) or for when you’re on the move (for a long commute or if you sit at a desk all day). Due to the mat’s flexible nature, it can be positioned in a chair for convenient use. It can also be laid flat if you want to use the mat during your sleep cycle.
If you would rather have a larger mat for holistic healing in your home, the TAJ-Mat™ Full 7224 Firm – Photon PEMF InfraMat Pro® is a better fit. While it lacks the flexibility of the TAJ Mat Chair, the TAJ Mat Full can easily fit on a bed, the floor, or a massage table and can provide full therapy for your entire body. With the same natural therapies as the TAJ Mat Chair, you’ll receive the same benefits from your holistic therapy sessions and can enhance your levels of wellness all the same.
Holistic healing is a viable alternative to more traditional forms of medicine, especially in reference to the lack of side effects. If you’re looking for a holistic healer, be sure to do your due diligence when researching medical professionals and holistic forms of healing that you’re looking to use.
HealthyLine is dedicated to providing not only the best in holistic healing measures, but also in educating you about the benefits of receiving holistic healing. Knowing more about holistic healing is as important to HealthyLine as providing the very best in alternative medicine.